Process manufacturers are constantly looking for ways to cut production costs by eliminating inefficiencies. They need to control operating costs as well, because it is critical to stay flexible enough to make product decisions and continuous improvement. Also, in today's competitive environment, process manufacturers need to shave every cent they can from their costs per unit. This means being able to see production issues as they arise and act upon them immediately in order to impact the current shift's output. These are not easy tasks with complex processes and constantly changing regulations.
Here's how Aptean’s Factory MES solution transforms manufacturing performance on the factory floor by empowering people to make real-time actionable decisions:
Who it’s for
For process and discrete manufacturers in the food & beverage, consumer packaged goods pharmaceutical, metals and industrial manufacturing industries with either single or multi-plant operations, Factory MES provides out of the box capabilities to: monitor shop floor data in real-time, allowing operators to act immediately to improve and become accountable for their individual and team performance; Paperless Quality and SPC to improve product quality and reduce waste/giveaway, and structured reviews to drive action and focus improvement efforts.
- Out of the box
- People/Process focused
- Performance and Paperless Quality
- Easy to use operator interface
- Minimal automation required
How it’s different
Factory MES is a purpose-built packaged application, designed for specific industries, which requires no customization and is typically deployed in less than six weeks per factory. This ensures a higher probability of success, shorter time to benefits and the flexibility needed to support growth and change. Different to other MES systems our technology is combined with a proven change method that focuses on developing operator skills and a structure of daily performance reviews to drive a better performance every run, every shift, every day.
Why you need it
The shop floor is the heartbeat of any manufacturing organization. The ability to see data in real time and enable your operators to act upon it immediately is critical in today's competitive environment where every opportunity for improvement, no matter how big or small, counts. With Factory MES you can:
- Identify all manufacturing losses in real-time
- Measure metrics such as Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Identify potential capacity by highlighting constraints
- Eliminate arduous and time-consuming paper based systems
- Reduce downtime/changeover times
- Improve daily work control practices
- Formalize the continuous improvement initiatives already in place
- Improve workforce culture on the shop floor
- Use it as a strategic tool to make business decisions for the future