Intuitive’s Customer Portal module is a business-to-business e-commerce application that provides your customers with a convenient and efficient way to do business with your company over the Internet.
By allowing your customers to process and manage business transactions on your company’s e-commerce website, you can dramatically increase customer satisfaction, while decreasing sales and service administrative costs.
HOW IT WORKS
- Create and publish a web-based product catalog with the streamlined Customer Portal tool
- Set desired parameters for customers (what items they are given access to order and what catalogs they are given access to)
- Your customer browses the web catalog from your secured website, views product descriptions, images, pricing, and other information (pricing is real-time from the Intuitive price matrix module)
- Your customer creates a purchase order online and submits it to your company
- The purchase order is sent directly into Intuitive ERP as a sales order
- The customer receives an e-mail confirmation when the order is received and again when the order is shipped
- At any time, your customer can also login and track the status of their shipments, orders and other pertinent self-service information
CREATING WEB CATALOGS
Customer Portal harnesses the power of .NET to provide your company with the capability to create and maintain multiple on-line web catalogs easily—using just one intuitive form. The Customer Portal form in Intuitive ERP provides a set of task-oriented tools to guide you through the process of creating and maintaining catalogs, permissions, item exhibits and other settings for your e-commerce web site.
- Catalogs – Customer Portal catalogs are easy to create, implement and maintain. Each catalog consists of an ID, name, however many items you assign, and however many customers you assign. They can be customized to reflect a specific layout, color scheme or language. You can include images, PDF files, Microsoft Word documents, or links to other pages or sites to enhance your customer’s understanding of your products.
- Customers – Using the Customer Portal form, any customer can be added to any number of catalogs. Each customer can only access the catalogs you specify.
- Item Exhibits – An item can be assigned to any number of catalogs. Using the Customer Portal form, item exhibits are configured and assigned to catalogs. Each item exhibit includes detailed information about the item, a display description, and an image, if desired. Customer Portal utilizes the Intuitive ERP price matrixing to provide different price breaks for quantities and supports international currencies, including customer-specific defaults.
Customer Portal allows you to provide your customers with a customized, easy to use on-line ordering tool; all they need to use the Customer Portal is a web browser. Once you have created and published your product catalogs, your customers can log on to a secure site and order items using their own part numbers and names.
The published Customer Portal catalog provides a searchable list of products in an easy-to-read, table-style format that includes a thumbnail image, part number, a brief product description, item type, category, product family, price, and a button to add that item to the purchase order for each listing. Clicking on an item listing opens a page for that specific item, which includes a more detailed product description and larger image.
When a customer adds an item to their purchase order, they can specify the quantity and the required delivery date for each item. At any time, your customer can click the “Purchase Order” button to view their complete order. Customers who know exactly what they want to order can go directly to the purchase order section where they can quickly enter a multi-line PO.
After your customer has submitted their order, they will receive an email confirming that their order has been received. A purchase order submitted via your Customer Portal website is sent directly back to your Intuitive ERP database in the form of a sales order. Once the order is shipped, your customer will also receive a shipment email notification.
REPORTING & TRACKING
Customer Portal provides your customers with secured access to sales, shipping, and receivables data. At any time, your customers can log in and track the status of their orders and their account. Instead of calling your sales department, your customers can access their information via a web browser quickly and easily around the clock.
Simple-to-use, yet powerful, search engines allow your customers to search for a specific delivery or order by sales order number, sales order date, shipment date, and more. Your customers may choose to lookup the status of a specific order, for an update on all outstanding orders, or for a summary of all orders, open and complete, within a specified date range—all in real-time.
Since Customer Portal targets your customer base, it is important that this product is easy to customize to match the look and feel of your corporate web site. Using ASP.NET allowed us to separate the user interface logic and the business logic, so that any person in your company who knows HTML can modify the user interface without having to search through business logic for the code.
If you do not have an existing website, or do not want to connect Customer Portal to your main site, it can be set up so your customers can log in to your catalog site directly.