Nice-Pak International Delivers 10% Efficiency Improvement a Full Three Months Ahead of Schedule.
Nice-Pak, a leading provider of wet wipe products, turned to Factory MES to improve manufacturing intelligence, workplace accountability, and productivity. Learn how they achieved a 10% efficiency improvement in a very short timeframe.
Manufacturer of wet-wipe products such as antiseptic wipes.
Combined manufacturing sites in the U.S., Canada, UK and Germany
Total 2 million square feet of production and warehousing capability.
Nice-Pak had previously used a number of paper-based recording systems to collect and analyze manufacturing performance information. The data was neither detailed nor timely enough to accurately determine what corrective actions were required — they could only account for 60% of lost time, but had no idea about the other 40%. The operations team needed to move to a real-time environment, improving data collection processes and more effectively responding to customer demands.
Nice-Pak invested in Factory MES - Manufacturing Execution System software designed specifically for process manufacturers.
After implementing Factory MES, Nice-Pak achieved a 50% reduction in changeover time and significantly reduced downtime instances caused by minor stoppages. One shift alone has delivered record output for six consecutive months. Nice-Pak has also improved efficiency by 10% and will achieve full ROI in nine months.
We have seen a 10% improvement in efficiency since Factory MES was installed. We planned to achieve return on investment on this project in 12 months, but we will do so in only 9 months. One shift in particular, working with Factory MES, has delivered record output for six consecutive months.
Simon Ford Industrial Engineering Manager, Nice-Pak International