Aptean Factory MES introduces real-time, paperless Collaboration functionality as well as powerful, intuitive reporting and scorecarding for manufacturers
Alpharetta, GA, April 16, 2019 – Aptean, a leading global provider of mission-critical, industry-specific enterprise software solutions, has released Aptean Factory MES 9.2 which introduces new collaboration features and more intuitive reporting functionality. These product enhancements will improve communication and productivity, speeding up issue resolution within the plant.
Factory’s new in-depth Collaboration engine enhances the way teams communicate and collaborate in real time at all levels of the organization:
- The new Collaboration Dashboard streamlines the way plant personnel communicate and interact to resolve issues they experience in the plant. It consolidates the many disparate sources of information such as text messages, emails, scribbled notes, project lists, whiteboards and more – to help ensure that all valuable interactions are captured, tracked and consumed in real time across any role and any device.
- The Collaboration engine allows users to quickly create messages, tasks and notes to involve other team members. The simplicity of the design ensures that users can seamlessly create a message and then send that message to users, departments, lines and other roles within the plant. Enhanced workflows have also been introduced that allows users to quickly create a task or note upon creation of a message.
- A key part of the Collaboration functionality is to offer reporting on all messages, tasks, and notes. This ensures that the knowledge captured from the teams is being consumed during meetings and line-side reviews. This becomes highly relevant when recurring issues happen – and quickly gives teams access to the right information.
The new reporting layer for Factory MES brings together all the information from the Production and Quality areas of the business to ensure users can create reports, scorecards and metrics to suit their needs:
- Users can leverage pre-defined reports, and can develop their own, all using a packaged, robust Microsoft Power BI interface.
- Factory’s Data Warehouse may also be used with virtually any business intelligence viewer platform, so users have the option to use the BI viewer of their choice.
- Further optimizations in ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) processes mean that the BI reporting suite can now be deployed across single-site and multi-site facilities efficiently.
“With the new capabilities we’ve added into Factory MES, we offer one of the most powerful collaboration tool sets available to manufacturers,” said Roy Thomas, business leader for Aptean Factory MES. “Working with our customers we identified the key sources of information used to make decisions and manage everyday production, and we built intuitive processes for sharing and accessing that information. Combined with flexible analytics tools, we are helping manufacturers to drive and improve quality and efficiency throughout their operations.”
Aptean will be featuring Factory MES and these software innovations at upcoming 2019 industry tradeshows including the Food Safety Summit in Rosemont, IL (Booth 438, May 6-9), SnackEx (Booth 307, June 27-28) in Barcelona, Spain, and Pack Expo in Las Vegas, NV (Booth LS-6494, September 23-35). Aptean Factory MES 9.2 is now generally available and Factory Analytics will go live later this quarter.
About Aptean Factory MES
Aptean Factory MES (manufacturing execution system) uses real-time shop floor data to give operators, supervisors and executives actionable intelligence and visibility into production and quality to help organizations attain their manufacturing plans and maximize overall equipment effectiveness (OEE). Factory MES is available on-premise or in the cloud. For more information about Aptean Factory MES, visit www.aptean.com/products/factory-mes.
Aptean is a global provider of mission-critical, industry-specific software solutions. Aptean’s purpose-built ERP and supply chain management solutions help address the unique challenges facing process and discrete manufacturers, distributors, and other focused organizations. Aptean’s compliance solutions are built for companies serving specific markets such as finance, healthcare, biotech and pharmaceuticals. Over 2,500 organizations in more than 20 industries across 54 countries trust Aptean’s solutions at their core to assist with running their operations. To learn more about Aptean and the markets we serve, visit www.aptean.com.